1st time BMW owner. - BMW 135i Forum - 1SeriesOnline.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
1st time BMW owner.

Aloha all.

First time I've bought a BMW, and first turbo car I've owned so I have some reading up to do. Below is the post I did on a GM forum that I've been on forever, easier to just cross post than type it all up again.

I live in Hawaii on Oahu and this is my new to me fun car to play with for a while. I've owned over 20 cars in my life from nearly all ranges and types from beaters to luxury to muscle cars. I love driving and love cars, this little one is going to be fun I think. I appreciate any and all advice you all can give me and thanks for reading.

Looked on the lot and saw a black BMW that looked pretty clean. Upon closer inspection it looked brand new, but sticker price was way too low for that. Turns out it is a 1 owner car, never left the island and is a 2013. 48k miles and in pristine condition. Honestly looks brand new, inside and out. Can't say I've ever seen a cleaner used car. Especially a 7yo one. Didn't have tags, and weird Hawaii rules or something keep them from using dealer plates, so I had to take it for a test drive "at my own risk". Basically if I got pulled, I got a ticket. I was pretty interested by this time so I said WTH. All the mods are done tastefully and professionally. Rides really good for being so low, no body roll at all, and from the little bit I got on it it pulls hard, and sounds pretty amazing for a 6. Really surprised at that. Saw a cop on the way back but he was on his cell phone and didn't see us. So it is a 135i with the M Sport package, manual trans, turbo 6.

List of what the previous owner did.

JB4 Tune
KW Coilovers Variant 3
BMS oil catch can
BMS catless downpipe 3.5"
StopTech Drilled and slotted rotors
Apex ARC-8 Rims
235/40/18 fr 265/35/18 back Pilot Super Sport tires
Evo Racewerks Charge Pipe
Eiback fr and rear sway bars
Cusco Tower struts
AEM pod gauges
VRSF 7.5" FMIC

It is on either the mid or lower tune right now, and I have no idea how much power it is making, but I'd say between 350 and 400 at this point. I pick it up on Tuesday hopefully, waiting on the tags, so have to wait till then to really see what it feels like at full bore. I think it will be really fun. Paid $19k for it. From looking around that seems to be about mid range for these cars, not counting the mods. I don't have anything left that I'd want to mod, pretty perfect as it sits. These are the dealer pics, only diff is it has tint now. Will be my first BMW and first turbo car. Time to do some research I guess
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 6.48.31 PM.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 6.47.18 PM.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	214   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 6.47.05 PM.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 6.46.36 PM.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 6.48.42 PM.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	220  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 12:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

Hello and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your BMW, looks beautiful. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Safe driving and happy modding!

BMW 1-Series http://www.carid.com/bmw-1-series-accessories/
Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

BMW 135i Forum - 1SeriesOnline.com > BMW 1 Series Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW 135i Forum - 1SeriesOnline.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode